Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Going Back to Work

 I go back to work after my maternity leave on February 12th.  I have had 16 total weeks including Christmas break and Chinese New Year.  It has been a real blessing to have this much time at home.  It was funny when talking to international teachers about maternity leave because I always knew if I was talking to an American or a Canadian.  When talking to an American and I said 16 weeks they said things like ‘that is awesome!’ When talking to a Canadian they said ‘that’s it?  That is too bad.’ It is all about perspective.  While I am not exactly thrilled about going back I am looking forward to adult interaction.  I couldn’t feel better about leaving him with Xiao Ma.  She will bring him to me for a feeding and I will be able to come home for lunch for another one.  I can be home for the day at 3:30.  The transition could be a lot worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment